Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Getting into a groove

When you go to college it is really difficult to build a routine.  For me it was especially rough, because I've lived in the same place with the same rules and ways of doing things pretty much my whole life.  Here it is totally different.  You are living with completely new people, in a different town, and generally just a different life, so finding a routine can be really difficult.  However, now that the dust has finally settled and time has rocked I've finally found a nice little rhythm for my life to go by.  Most days its class, meeting friends at the dining hall, then hanging out with those friends in someones dorm or another spot around campus, studying, and the occasional trip out for odds and ends to Kroger or out for frozen yogurt.  Every few weekends I get to visit home and catch up with everyone there.  You always see college portrayed in movies as this constant crazy time, and I guess if you want to make it that way it probably could be, but for the most part I am truly beginning to enjoy my simple little college existence with my close knit group of friends.  Despite that though, I have decided to try some new things like teaching myself how to play guitar and going to the gym more, and I even bought a crock pot to make some yummy/healthy recipes in, so that should be fun.  Also I had a great birthday weekend thanks to my wonderful family and friends at home, and then the birthday fun continued when my roommates surprised me with cake and candles and the boys came over to give me hugs, and then my wonderful friend Jena came over and brought me a pair of beautiful earring and 3 boxes of the best cupcakes ever.  I am truly blessed to meet such great friends, and even though I still get homesick they do make my life so fun down here.  Well just thought I would drop y'all a few lines, especially auntie Deb ;), but I love and miss yall everyday!  xoxo Ashley!

2 comments:

  1. I miss you. I am at home not feeling well today and wish you were here to cuddle up and watch movies with me! Connor misses you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I love reading your blog, you just tell it like it is. I am so sorry I felt bad at your birthday party. Sounds like you had a good time in Savannah with your friends. Take care and we all love you very much.
    Auntie Deb

    ReplyDelete