Monday, August 22, 2011

Beach, bicycles, bug bites, Hollywood, and hurricanes

This weekend was a frenzy of college fun.  Friday was Armstrong's annual beach bash with some friends followed by dinner and hanging out with more friends.  Saturday was an adventure on Skiddaway Island, oh and the best part of the whole weekend I met one of my Savannah based heroes Stratton Leopold!  He owns a delicious and charming vintage ice cream parlor down town, but more importantly he is a famous Hollywood producer!  Ever heard of Mission Impossible III?  Sum of All Fears?  Captain America?  He was such a nice guy and we snapped a pic!  Nancy and Daniel were amazed at how happy I was, but for those of you who have known me for a while you know just how much I love movies and know what a thrill this was for me.  The shoppe is also filled with cool movie memorabilia!  I could have spent hours in that one place!  However, I did have to be a little practical this weekend so Sunday was well laundry and studyday.  This whole week is actually and will actually be a study week, they don't time in college when it comes to giving tests.  I do have to say though I love my classes and most of my professors!  Tonight I took a break to ride bikes with one of my friends and unfortunately we both got eaten alive by mosquitos, but we had fun!  Now I am trying to read up on an apparent hurricane/tropical storm named Irene coming Savannah's way!  No worries though I had already planned to come home this weekend, but still exciting stuff!  For some few final updates I turned in my recruitment stuff for rush week so we'll see if I get a bid keep your fingers crossed, and I started my medicine and so far so good and no sickness but I am just on my first week dosage and will have to continually up it until I get to my full amount so hopefully it'll work and be without the negative side effects, but that is on me and what I choose to eat (aka less carbs more protein!) Well I hope everyone has a great week!  Can't wait to come home for a visit this weekend and see everyone but also to go to church when you're used to going every Sunday it really throws off your rhythm to miss one or two.  Miss and love you all xoxo Ashley!

No comments:

Post a Comment