Thursday, August 4, 2011

Packing

Its kind of bittersweet to be packing up my room.  Bitter in that I know I will miss everyone back home and lets face it the space of my room, private bathroom, and closet, yet sweet because college is an exciting experience and luckily for me AASU is located in the fun and gorgeous city of Savannah.  With only six days left I find myself taking stock of things as I pack up the contents of my life into storage boxes, and I have come to one conclusion.  I. am. one. lucky. girl.  I have enjoyed 18 years of the best family anyone could ever ask for, a loving community, being raised in 3 different churches that have loved and prayed for me, spent so many great times with the funniest people you will ever meet, and all of these things have made me who I am today (which as cliche as that is its true).  No this Summer has not been what I planned, but I can honestly say its been what I have needed.  I have learned that things happen (like stitches), I can't control everything (a particularly difficult lesson for me), and that life is what it is and situations just happen and its up to me to decide how I react to them.  I am definitely going to miss everyone so much, but I know Armstrong is where I am supposed to be.  I will probably post a lot this week just because thats always how it is when you get a new blog!  Love yall and goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment