Sunday, August 14, 2011

Day 4 and more

Mornings are pretty routine with me already.  I wake up do a little planning on what needs to be done for the day, make coffee, eat breakfast in, and then normally try and figure out how to facetime with my sister even though its not working very well yet.  I am still having fun and so far everyone I met has been extremely nice.  I have already made one trip to target and wal mart, so today's adventure is to kroger to get ready for my new diet.  I've been doing a good bit of research on insulin resistance and the medicine they put me on.  I will put it this way it is an eat healthy or suffer the wrath of the consequences diet.  I really don't get the freshman fifteen syndrome I've always heard about.  So far I have eaten fairly sparse and when I do eat its apples or lean cuisine or the Galley's surprisingly good salad bar.  Plus walking around is the main activity.  Yesterday I walked all my class routes and met up with some new friends for dinner, and the two nights before that were spent walking around campus.  Which who wouldn't want to walk around Armstrong?  It is absolutely gorgeous!  Columned buildings, oaks draped with spanish moss, and all kinds of beautifully colored and uniquely shaped plants and trees.  There is something peaceful and laid back about this campus that I love.  Don't get me wrong in the day it is hot and humid but in the evening it cools down and the nightly storms are prefaced by pleasant breezes perfect for walking around in and enjoying.  Tomorrow classes start which I am pretty excited about because it means more people to meet and it probably won't hurt my brain to start functioning again.  Since it is Sunday and I don't have a church yet I am writing my blog while listening to the southern gospel station on Pandora.  I hope you all have wonderful Sundays and miss you and love you all!  Here is to another fun college day!

No comments:

Post a Comment